IRON TANGO CRETE
from 30 August to 7 September 2024
We are looking forward to a week together on the beautiful island of Crete in an idyllic bay in the south of the island.
It is a small manageable bay without big hotels.
!!! Don’t take too long – this travel time is very popular and the bay is not so abundantly equipped with accommodations within walking distance.
At Athanasia and Stelios at Voukelari the milongas and praktikas take place.
All rooms at Voukelari and at Villa Alikes are pre-booked for us –all with sea view and terrace. This booking is also the prerequisite for our event.
Even if you stay somewhere else, Athanasia and Stelios will be happy about your breakfast booking.
The breakfast is sooooooo delicious and rich with various pancakes, different Greek cheeses, olives, bread, egg dishes, Greek yogurt, the wonderful Greek tomatoes, at least 2 or 3 kinds of homemade jam, freshly squeezed orange juice, melon and other fruits, and and and…
After breakfast we start directly with tango practica and dancing.
In this week there will be obligatory also 2 common dinners in the Voukelari. You can look forward to at least 4-5 Greek warm or /and cold starters, at least 2-3 main courses and a dessert. Included is also the Greek house wine, water and filter coffee afterwards.
If you want to arrive earlier, please write it in your registration form. We will then ask specifically.
A few more reasons that will help you decide to come along:
- Dancing in a balanced ratio of leading and following
- We will accept up to 80 registrations
- Music selection will be mostly classical and the one or the other danceable Cortina
- the DJs: Alex, a Greek DJ and probably one or two more super DJs have announced themselves
- Some Greek dancers will be allowed to join in
- Otherwise we stay a closed group
- Dancing on stone terrace with direct magical view of the sea
- possibly also dancing at dance-terrace in the olive grove
- Super nice hosts on site
- We start with dancing Tango praktika after breakfast
- a dance inspiration from Carsta at the beginning before praktika-dancing
- Milonga in the evening – until midnight, Friday until 1 am.
- Drinks can be ordered at the bar for half an hour after the milonga for sit and chat.
- there will be a surprise evening in the middle of the week (break day at Voukelari)
- During the day, outside of practice and milonga times, the dance floor can also be used for practice and dancing.
The costs for the period from 30.8. – 7.9. 2024
- Double room for 2 persons at Voukelari or Alikes (8 nights): 832,50€ incl. breakfast and common dinner (incl.greek tax)
(Additional booking outside the dance week per night incl breakfast – 88,52€)
- Single room for one person at Voukelari (8 nights) : 589€ incl. breakfast and common dinner (incl.greek tax)
(Additional booking outside the dance week double room per night incl breakfast – 65,73€)
- Alikes all 3 rooms per day 350€ (only overnight stay – breakfast and food have to be booked extra)
- breakfast per person for overnight stay outside: 14,90€ (incl.greek tax)
- 2 dinners together binding per person per meal 31€ – so both dinners 62€ (incl.greek tax)
- Participation fee for dancing this time – 292€ per person for the use of the dance floor, praktikas, inspirations and evening milongas.
- You are responsible for booking your flights, if necessary a rental car.
- you agree with the » Conditions of participation in the registration form
- The participation fee will be transferred in advance – the costs for rooms and common meals are to be paid in cash on site upon your arrival.
- We recommend that you take out travel insurance that will cover the cancellation cost
For your food supply outside the common dinner or breakfast there are in the bay directly at the sea additionally beside Voukelari still wonderful taverns – these are »Taverna Delfini and » Taverna Galini and 15 minutes uphill the » Foinikias Kantina By car to Sellia or Myrthios or the tavernas in Damnoni Bay or or or …everywhere lurks delicious. So the diet please before or after. Prices are affordable, even if they have become a bit more intense since Covid.
The nearest supermarket is in Plakias or Sellia – there you will always find regional products and local fruits and vegetables.
By car from the airport to Voukelari – just click on the picture and you will get to the route.
You can also take the bus to Plakias. Then you have to change buses in Rhethymnon. Maybe I can add to this route.
A cab costs about 140€ per trip. That is already half a car rental.